Ribbon Cutting Information
What is a Chamber ribbon cutting?
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a new, newly renovated, or relocated business. It can inaugurate an organization’s opening day or it can take place weeks after the soft opening. Business owners use this time to publicly thank their financial backers, employees, friends, family for their support and to introduce their new business to the community.
You must be a Winter Park Chamber of Commerce member-in-good-standing in order to request a ribbon cutting.
What are the benefits of holding a ribbon cutting ceremony?
- Introduce & familiarize the community with your brand, location, products and services
- Increase your customer base and generate possible leads
- Promote your business with photos/video via the Chamber’s social media platforms
What is the fee to conduct a ribbon cutting?
There is no fee for a ribbon cutting ceremony.
When can I hold a ribbon cutting?
Ribbon cutting ceremonies can be performed 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday – Friday based upon the availability of the WPCC staff. The Chamber is unable to assist with ribbon cuttings on weekends or holidays.
What does the Chamber do for my ribbon cutting?
- Post your ribbon cutting date and event on the Chamber’s website calendar
- Provide you with the Chamber’s official logo plaque, scissors and ribbon
- Welcome attendees and speak at your ceremony, if requested
- Publish your photos on the Chamber social media platforms
- Invite the Chamber’s board of directors, ambassadors and staff
What do I do for my ribbon cutting?
- Choose a date and time at least 2 weeks in advance using the attached form.
- Decide who will cut the ribbon. Owners or top executives usually do the honors.
- Determine who you would like in the photo(s).
- Prepare your remarks. This is usually done before the ribbon is cut.
- Plan other details to enhance your event. Refreshments, drinks, light bites, door prizes, decorations are optional.
- Market and promote your brand to the community. Distribute promotional items and/or coupons.
- Organize a separate PR campaign. If you would like to invite the general public, explore other advertising avenues and/or consider issuing a press release to local media.
- Complete and return the Ribbon Cutting Request Form in order to officially get your ribbon cutting on the chamber event calendar. The form must be returned to the Chamber at least two weeks prior to your preferred date.
- Utilize other Chamber resources.
- Consult our membership directory for members who can help with your event such as photographers, PR firms, press, and caterers.
- Submit information about your ribbon cutting to our weekly e-newsletter https://winterpark.org/submit-newsletter-entry and our social media platforms https://winterpark.org/submit-social-media-promotion
- Attend Chamber events leading up to your ribbon cutting to personally invite members to attend
- Purchase a Chamber e-blast
If you are interested in having a Ribbon Cutting, please fill out this form and Membership Representative. Click here for the form.