AGENCY: Founded in 1978, JFS Orlando is a multi-service nonprofit organization with the mission to provide services to stabilize individuals and families in crisis and enhance the quality of life across generations to all members of the Central Florida community. Annually, JFS Orlando serves more than 10,000 people regardless of religion, race/ethnicity, gender, age, disability, or any other factor.
POSITION: JFS Orlando is looking for an experienced Office Assistant to provide administrative support for the day-to-day operation of the agency. This is a non-exempt, full-time position totaling 35 hours per week, with benefits.
SCHEDULE: The schedule for this position will be from 7:45 AM to 5:00 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with a 30-minute (unpaid) lunch break each day.
- Open the agency each morning.
- Greet clients and guests.
- Answer and direct phone calls and give general agency information.
- Schedule food pantry appointments and maintain client appointment calendar.
- Collect and enter client and programmatic data.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the agency, such as processing incoming and outgoing mail daily, maintaining and ordering office supplies, etc.
- Schedule and oversee building maintenance, maintain office equipment, and act as agency liaison to vendors and tenants, addressing any issues that arise.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience preferred.
- Due to the nature of our business, vaccination is required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as work well with a team.
For consideration, send a cover letter and resume outlining skills and experience in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
JFS Orlando is an equal opportunity employer.