• Grey Orchid Day Spa

  • Grey Orchid Day Spa

    Grey Orchid Day Spa

    It may be a coincidence that spa rhymes with aah, but it’s no coincidence that Grey Orchid Day Spa goes above and beyond to make your experience truly “aah.” “We do what we can to give clients the best experience possible. We all truly love what we do, and I think that’s what sets us apart,” says Shavon Sultan, owner of Grey Orchid Day Spa.

    Celebrating its third anniversary today, Grey Orchid was launched to fill a niche. “We started off creating a concept that was a little different that wasn’t here in Winter Park at the time – a traditional spa that offers all the services like manis, pedis, massages, facials, waxes, eyelash extensions, with that relaxing peaceful environment that you would find at a resort spa,” says Sultan. “We cater to our clientele. Professional ethics and customer service are a dying artform, so we wanted to bring that back and make that the focus,” she says.
    It's common knowledge that self-care correlates to one’s overall health and wellbeing, and Sultan has embraced those principles. “I’ve changed our wording to treatments because while you are doing aesthetics you are also promoting your health as well. Cutting down on the stress of someone's life does wonders for them. When you come here you are away, you get to escape," she says.
    "I love feedback, so I pay attention to those (customer comments)," says Sultan. She also pays attention to the aesthetics industry as a whole. While technology changes rapidly and fads come and go, she's careful to prioritize safety and expertise. "We do aromatherapy, essential oils, and we are looking into adding other features such as cupping and basalt stones. My employees have to have their certification in every single specialty," she explains.

    Sultan opened the business just before the pandemic started, so she has had to navigate a constantly changing landscape. "We are currently in a period of  projected growth, which is great," she says. Sultan notes that about 70% of her clients are local, and most are regulars, and the other 30% of her clients are visitors from out of town. 

    Her advice for small business owners facing adversity? "Embrace change. As much as you have a plan and a roadmap, there are always unforeseen obstacles," she says. What's been most rewarding for her as a small business owner is the creative freedom and seeing an idea grow into reality. She also says the Winter Park small business community has been very supportive, especially the Alfond Inn which refers its guests to the Grey Orchid.

    Having a stellar team is also key to her success. "Everyone here loves what they do. This isn’t one of those places where you come pay, get a service and leave. There is caring and kindness throughout each client's visit. We don't offer a loyalty rewards program because we want don't want to buy your loyalty, we want to earn it."

    Leave a Comment
    * Required field