A holiday tradition for the young, and young at heart.
The Winter Park Chamber of Commerce is proud to host the 64th annual Winter Park “Ye Olde Hometown” Christmas Parade. The event has been held on the first Saturday in December for more than 60 years, making it the oldest continuous holiday parade in Central Florida. The parade will be held on Saturday, December 3, 2016 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Each year the parade travels down Park Avenue, starting at Cole Avenue and proceeding south, ending at Lyman Avenue. More than 100 organizations participate including marching bands, local police and fire departments, scouting groups, local dignitaries and, of course, Santa Claus.
Before and during the parade, Leadership Winter Park hosts its annual Pancake Breakfast at the Central Park stage from 7:00-10:30 a.m. Tickets include pancakes, sausage, coffee, milk, juice and fabulous toppings! Event proceeds benefit adult and youth leadership development programs.
Parade applications and payment must be received by Friday, October 7, at 5:00 p.m.
For additional information, sponsorship and other inquiries, contact Ashley Fraebel at 407-644-8281 or email@example.com.
Letters to Santa Contest
Kids, how do you plan to spread holiday cheer this season?
Write a letter to Santa starting with “The gift I most want to give is…” and you could:
- Get your letter published in the Winter Park-Maitland Observer
- Ride as the recognized winner in the Christmas Parade (Dec. 3)
- Receive 4 tickets to the Leadership Winter Park Pancake Breakfast (Dec. 3)
- Receive 4 tickets to Winter in the Park ice skating rink (valid through Jan. 8, 2017)
- Receive a prize package from Winter Park Public Library
- Letters to Santa Contest entries are to be no longer than 300 words and are due by November 18, 2016.
- Submit your entry along with the author’s name, age, phone number and mailing address by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or physical mail, Letters to Santa c/o Winter Park-Maitland Observer, 1500 Park Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32835. Authors must be 13 years of age or younger and live in the Winter Park, Maitland, Baldwin Park or Goldenrod area.