Back by popular demand, the Rotary Club of Winter Park presents Chili for Charity. Unlike traditional chili cook-offs, this event features creative chili presentations with a "Winter Park attitude."
Local restaurants and caterers will compete for the coveted Peoples' Choice award and have their dishes evaluated by a select panel of judges, including:
- Pam Brandon, Managing Editor, Edible Orlando
- Ted Edwards, Orange County Commissioner, District 5
- Emily Ellyn, Food Network's Retro Rad Diva
- Katie Farmand, Editor, Edible Orlando
- Rona Gindin, Dining Editor, Orlando Life/ Winter Park Magazines and Zagat
- Steve Leary, Commissioner, City of Winter Park
The Papa Jack Express will provide live entertainment with their funky smooth jazz sounds.
Drinks, dessert and a live auction led by American Fundraising Foundation round out the evening at the Winter Park Farmers' Market.
Net event proceeds will benefit the Rotary Club of Winter Park Foundation, which provides grants to more than 30 local charities each year. Over the last 20 years the club has donated more than $685,000 to charities serving the Winter Park community.
When & Where
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
5:30 - 8 p.m.
Winter Park Farmers' Market
200 W. New England Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
Many of our area's finest restaurants, caterers and even local businesses are expected to compete for bragging rights in the Peoples' Choice competition. Check back soon as the list is updated.
- B & B Junction *WINNER* Best Winter Park Attitude Award
- Bistro on Park Avenue
- Citizens Bank of Florida
- George's Gourmet Cookies & Catering
- John & Shirley’s Catering *WINNER* Peoples' Choice Award
- Miller's Ale House
- Sodexo at Rollins College *WINNER* Best Chili & Best Booth Awards
- Sonny's BBQ *WINNER* Second Overall Chili Award
- The Meat House
- The Smiling Bison
- Title Boxing Club - Winter Park
- Tolla's Italian Deli & Cafe
- Whole Foods Market Winter Park
- Winter Park Day Nursery
Be sure to check back as this list is updated as new prizes are secured.
- Escape to Jackson Hole…America’s Four Season Paradise
Magnificent Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is the popular playground for the hottest stars in Hollywood and the rich and famous from around the world. You can ski in the winter, watch buds bloom in the spring, get up close to wildlife in mountain meadows in summer, or watch leaves turn into a million radiant colors in the fall.
- James Bond’s Secret Hideaways
This romantic adventure for two highlights secret locations and martinis…shaken, not stirred. It’s 009 days in Europe living the life only a Secret Agent James Bond could imagine!
- Bon Appétit and the Loire Valley
On this magical trip you can enjoy the finest food, the excitement of Paris and the romance of the French countryside.
- Italy’s Amalfi Coast
Life here is about two things…pleasure and beauty… and you are guaranteed to find them both on Italy’s Amalfi Coast!
- Splendid China
From Shanghai, to the Yangtze River, the 10,000 buried terracotta warriors and the Great Wall of China in Beijing, the great mysteries and majestic wonders of China will unfold before you. This eye-opening 14-day adventure for two will be the trip of a lifetime!
- Welcome to Winter Park - Please Drive With Extraordinary Care Sign
- 1-year YMCA Family Membership
- Weber Grill donated by Millers Hardware
The Spirit E-310 gas grill (retail value: $499) features 424 sqaure inches of primary cooking area, plus warming area; porcelain enamled cooking grates, porcelain enamled flavorizer bars and electronic crossover ignition system; center mounted thermometer and stainless steel work surface; front mounted control panel, painted enclosed steel cabinet with painted steel door, and fuel gauge; and front access, porcelain-enameled grease tray with catch pan. Includes 6 tool hooks, 2 heavy-duty front locking casters, and 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters.