The Winter Park Chamber of Commerce is proud to offer several internship opportunities to future leaders in the business community. At the Chamber, interns work hand-in-hand with Chamber staff, committee members and volunteers on projects designed to meet their academic and career goals. Interns are able to gain experience in event planning, communication and leadership development utilizing skills in writing, research, marketing, social media and event logistics. The Chamber strongly encourages its interns to leverage this opportunity to network with Chamber members and participate in events and professional development programs to enhance the overall internship experience.
Terms Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Salary: Does Not Pay
Students seeking an internship for college credit will be given preference.
The following internship opportunities are available. Please contact the internship supervisor to discuss application, interview and scheduling for the desired internship position.
Reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications in planning, developing and executing member communication. Anticipated projects to include:
- Developing targeted e-newsletters, blog posts and social media content
- Creating web site copy, PowerPoint presentations, sponsorship reports, flyers, brochures and other marketing collateral as needed
- Assisting with media relations and promotions for community events and programs
Contact: Katie Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Planning/Program Coordination Internship
Reports directly to the Director of Events & Sponsorship; assists Event Marketing Coordinator in planning logistics for Chamber events and programs. Anticipated projects include:
- Working with Chamber staff and volunteers to execute large-scale community events, business networking events and educational programming
- Assisting with pre-event registration, event setup and registration
- Communicating with vendors and event participants regarding event logistics
Contact: Ally Stricker at email@example.com
Leadership Winter Park Internship
Reports directly to the Director of Programs & Leadership in planning, marketing and logistics for Leadership Winter Park events and Chamber programs. Anticipated projects to include:
- Assisting in the planning of key events and monthly Leadership Winter Park session days
- Developing e-newsletters, event flyers and other creative materials
- Building on program alumni engagement strategies
Contact: Megan Almasi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership and Sales Internship
The Winter Park Chamber of Commerce Membership Internship is an opportunity for a student to
learn and get experience in all aspects of the field of Sales. This includes retention sales,
relationship management and customer service.
Daily tasks include assisting staff of the Membership Team with highlighting our members
through social media, researching potential new members, making appointments through phone
calls and emails as well as collating appropriate collateral materials for each prospect.